We only accept returns of Products that have been used if they are faulty or defective. Please see the paragraph below Returning Faulty Goods.
The only exception to our Returns Policy is if you have bought an item of clothing or footwear but on delivery find it is the wrong size or colour. In this instance you may return the item within 30 days for a full refund provided the tags are still on and it has not been worn. We regret that delivery charges where applicable are non-refundable. You will be responsible for paying the cost of the return.
In all instances before any returns are made you must contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01256 851166 to inform us of your intention to return an item. We will then give you a Returns Number and send you a link to our online Returns Form that must be completed before the goods are returned.
When returning an item please provide a full description of the fault on our online Returns Form and return the defective item to us in its original packaging together with all warranty documents, manuals and accessories and any free gifts supplied. For your protection we would recommend that you use a Recorded Delivery Service and the products must be returned to the address specified by us at your own cost and risk.
Please check goods thoroughly before signing for them and note on the carrier’s paperwork if there is any damage. If no damage has been noted at the time of signing for the item/s then you will be unable to make any claims for damaged goods. When you signed for an item, this is the Proof of Delivery and confirms that all goods have been received safely and with no damage.
Claims of damaged or missing items must be notified in writing both in the courier’s paperwork and to MowersUK by email to email@example.com within 3 days of delivery. Claims cannot be accepted outside these time limits. Packaging must be retained for investigation.
Claims for non-delivery must be made within 7 days of receipt of dispatch confirmation. You should notify us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 01256 851166.
Returning Faulty Goods
Faulty goods under warranty must be returned for an evaluation with a valid proof of purchase. For items that are still under warranty, we will ask you to take them to your nearest Authorised Dealer in the first instance for inspection and repair under warranty. We will provide you with the name and details of your nearest Dealer and you will need to take your paperwork with you to prove the date of purchase.
If you have returned faulty goods to us, once we have confirmed the good are faulty the postage incurred within the UK will be reimbursed at Standard Royal Mail Rates. You will be offered a repair, exchange or a refund of the cost of the goods.
If you do not return the goods or do not pay the cost of return delivery, we shall be entitled to deduct the direct costs of recovering the goods from the amount to be re-credited to you.
The cost of returning non-faulty goods is not covered under warranty and must be met by yourself. We will, of course, send out any repaired/replaced goods free of any carriage charge.
If faulty footwear is being returned it must be cleaned prior to returning to us. We are unable to process dirty products.
Free Gift with Purchase returns
If your order includes a free gift and you wish to return the item that came with the free gift, we kindly request that your free gift is also returned to us. If the returned item is received without the gift item the current retail price of that item will be deducted from your refund.
Important Note: Oil & Petrol – When returning any petrol powered Products all oil and petrol MUST be drained from the engine before you release the products to a carrier. This is for the safety of the carrier firm. Any damaged caused whatsoever because of non-compliance will be your responsibility.
When you return a Product to us:
- because you have cancelled the Contract between us within the fourteen-day cooling-off period (see our Cancellation Policy) we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day you have given notice of your cancellation. In this case, we will refund the price of the Product in full, however, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us.
- for products that you claim are faulty or damaged on delivery, we will examine the returned Product and will notify you if:
- we consider that the Product is not defective and provide the reasons why we consider this to be the case. You will then have 7 days in which to provide a response to this decision. If we still consider that the Product is not defective you will be required to arrange for the Products to be collected at your own cost;
- we consider that the Product is faulty but that the fault is covered by warranty;
- we consider that the Product was defective on delivery. If we consider that is the case then you are entitled to a refund and we will confirm this via e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually process any refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day we confirmed to you via e-mail that you were entitled to a refund for the defective product. Products returned by you because of a defect (in circumstances where we have confirmed you are entitled to a refund) will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges (if any) for sending the item to you and the cost incurred by you in returning the item to us.
Please note that you have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation we may have a right for compensation from you.
We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.