Enjoy the sprung loaded seat which is adjustable to all heights and master the controls which are close at hand: the forward/reverse drive lever at the steering wheel, the central cutting height adjustment, the blade clutch and the lever for effortless emptying of the grass catcher box. The RT 5097 Z features a very powerful twin cylinder STIHL EVC 700 engine for top level performance. In addition the single-pedal operation and direct steering provide a previously unattained level of comfort during driving, manoeuvring and mowing. The Grass Guide System on both sides of the mowing deck catches grass blades at the edge of the deck and guides them towards the cutting blades. The 2 blade system with angled blades provides a neat and clean cutting pattern over a width of 95 cm. The RT 5097 Z comes with a 5 year extended warranty (subject to registration and annual servicing).
- Turf tyres – large turf tyres help to protect the lawn. Thanks to their rounded tyre design, they reduce the formation of driving tracks
- Trailer hitch – The integral trailer hitch enables easy mounting of attachments such as the convenient PICK UP 300 tilting trailer, which can also be used as a wheel barrow
- Central cutting height adjustment – The lever to adjust the deck cutting height is located directly next to the driver’s seat and allows individual adjustment of the cutting height in up to eight steps.
- Robust frame – The robust frame construction gives the mower a high level of stability and driving comfort. The STIHL ride-on mowers compact design is great for using attachments such as the AGW 098 garden roller or PICK 300 tilting trailer.
- Spring-loaded and adjustable seat – The most comfortable seat position can be set without the use of tools allowing easy individual adjustment of the driver’s seat.
- Low step – The low step on the STIHL ride-on mowers provides ample legroom and allows for comfortable access to the seat.
- Catching management system – The catching system guides the grass blades across the entire working width of the mowing deck. It helps to guide the grass towards the mowing blades for a more efficient cut.
- Grass catcher box with bow handle – The polymer grass catcher box can be emptied effortlessly from the driver’s seat simply using the curved shaped handle. The “dumper” design ensures optimum filling and residual-free emptying of the grass catcher box. Cleaning the catcher box is also easy.
- Single pedal drive – With the STIHL single pedal drive, the direction of travel can be conveniently switched between forward and reverse gear using a hand lever for quick manoeuvring. The pressure-sensitive pedal allows for precise control of the speed between top speed and standstill. The separate brake pedal ensures immediate stopping
- Electromagnetic blade clutch (EBC) – The mowing deck can be easily engaged and disengaged by a switch situated on the control panel.
- Mulching function – With the mulch insert, the STIHL ride-on mowers can be converted into mulching mowers. The grass catcher box is simply removed and the mulch insert pushed into the grass catcher chute. This allows the grass to be shredded into fine particles inside the closed housing before they fall back into the turf, returning vital nutrients and moisture to the soil. Through this natural form of fertilising, there is no need to dispose of the grass.